Lead Teacher: Mrs Sarah Bond
Hertford St Andrew is part of the Global Learning Programme (GLP) and is committed to equipping our pupils to make a positive contribution to a globalised world, learning about development and global issues.
Our school is using GLP to:
- prepare pupils for modern life in Britain by promoting values such as empathy, fairness and respect.
- promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development (SMSC)
- develop and enhance enquiry and critical thinking skills
- deepen our knowledge and understanding of global issues.
- expand global awareness
- strengthen our school ethos and value
We are also implementing the 17 Sustainable Development Global Goals into our curriculum by having various projects. By working with the school council, Hertford St Andrew has organised many projects for our children all across the school.
These projects can be found on our Global Learning Blog and by clicking the picture below.