Lead Teacher: Mrs Hodges
The National Curriculum for History aims to ensure that all pupils:
• Know and understand the history of these islands as a coherent chronological narrative, from the earliest times to the present day
• Know and understand significant aspects of the wider world
• Gain and deploy a historically grounded understanding of terms such as ‘empire’, ‘civilisation’, ‘parliament’ and ‘peasantry’
• Understand historical concepts such as continuity and change
• Understand the methods of historical enquiry, including how evidence is used rigorously to make historical claims.