Lead Teacher: Mr Azzopardi
Hertford St Andrew is part of the Global Learning Programme (GLP) and is committed to equipping our pupils to make a positive contribution to a globalised world, learning about development and global issues.
Our school is using GLP to:
- prepare pupils for modern life in Britain by promoting values such as empathy, fairness and respect.
- promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development (SMSC)
- develop and enhance enquiry and critical thinking skills
- improve pupil engagement in our International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- deepen our knowledge and understanding of global issues.
- expand global awareness
- strengthen our school ethos and values
Every topic we do as part of the IPC has a global learning link and big issue that is explored. Theses issues are then shared as part of an assembly with the school community.
We are also implementing the 17 Sustainable Development Global Goals into our curriculum by having various projects. By working with the school council, Hertford St Andrew has organised a World Food Day, Walk for Water Campaign (WE Charity for a Kenyan village) and a photo project with children from a Syrian refugee camp (Memory Project).